1. Right now I am reading Five Dark Fates by Kendra Bown
2. My favorite book was Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner, it haunts me to this day.
3. My favorite book store is The Book Cellar, Lake Worth. I haven't been there in quite a while.
4. A book I read many times was The Bear Wants More by Karma Wilson. I think I read it to my girls every day for years. They loved it.
5. A good movie adaption of a book was Gone Girl. It captured the creepiness of the book quite well. Gone Girl was also the first book I read after a break in reading, when mommy-hood took over.
6. My TBR is huge! Every day I seem to add more and more to it. One book I am looking forward to is Victoria's War by Catherine Hamilton due out in June.
7. If I could live in any literary world it would be Nav'Aria before Narco's time. It seems so beautiful and peaceful.
8. A book that surprised me was Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. I would never have picked it up, but my friend put it in my hand and told me I had to read it. I loved it. I love when someone helps me venture out of my comfort zone.
9. My original reading goal for the year was 24. Things are different. Now, it is whatever. I am already on #14, but if I get back to writing I may get caught up and not pick up another book for a while. So, who knows.
10. My favorite reading spot is curling up in the corner of my couch or outside, when the weather is nice, under a tree.
11. A book I loved as a child was The Scarlet Letter in 7th grade. It gave me my first glimpse into the nature of men and the strength of women. I was viewed as a bit jaded for years. Not jaded, realistic about the society we live in, such as it is.
What does your reading list say about you?
Lena Robin's Blog
A Writer's Life!
Writer, communications coach, mom, wife, crazy cat lady, and yogi extraordinaire (not really but we can pretend).
Don't miss anything!